þriðjudagur, september 23, 2003

Hi everyone.
Been busy. In London. Went there last Tuesday (a week ago) and had a meeting, stayed at Heidi's new place, and went to Bristol the next day for a seminar. Have to say I know nothing about Bristol, and I'm a bit ashamed for it. Oh well. Spend the rest of the week in London with Heidi in 25 degrees and sunshine, only to return on Sunday to Dundee wearing a t-shirt in 13 degrees and rain *brrrrr*. Must say I had a pretty good time in London, and got a taste of music life, since Heidi just started Guildhall School of Music and Drama (incidentally the same school as my friend Ingunn went to). The urge to join the community of people with the main purpose of making music is a thrilling prospect, mixed with feelings of being too late. I know people say it's never too late... but sometimes it really is!

Lot's of stuff happenend in London which I could make whitty comments about, but there is so much happening now that I'm moving on to other things. Had a first rehersal with DSO (Dundee Symphony Orchestra) yesterday, and am very excited to play Stravinskys Symphony in 3 parts (impossibly rythmical). After coming home from the rehersal and going to bed it hit me. I had just a few hours earlier told the letting agency that I'd be moving out before the end of the month because other people are moving into my flat. Had planned to stay until the 15th, but buckled under pressure! (did get a discount off my rent though). So here I'm lying in bed with a week to find a new place to stay! Sweating, and worrying until very late, I finally fell a sleep.
Turns out my worries were a bit unfounded. The first place me and my friend Lindsay looked out turned out to be PERFECT. Go figure. Life has a way of doing that to you. So, I'm moving next week. Again.
Will tell you more about the place in good time.

On top of all this, I've just been asked to play babysitter to some students here at Abertay University (my workplace is in the uni), and even mark their assignments. It wouldn't phase me so much, if they weren't PHYSICS students *gulp*. They're only 1st year though, so I'll manage. Better hit the books though.

Phew... is that it? Am I forgetting anything? How would you know anyway? *hehe*
Everything is goooood. Just need to get to the gym regularly again and I'll be saved.

Later

P.S. Next time I'm thinking about writing a bit in Icelandic!! I miss it, and I promise to say nothing of great importance for those of you who don't understand Icelandic :)

Engin ummæli: